Another good find from my mom's magazine stash. I didn't take a picture, and I'm too lazy to walk down the stairs, open the fridge, and snap a shot of the leftovers. Think lentils and vegetables, OK? Not pretty, but pretty tasty. This is good as-is, with some grilled chicken mixed in, or as I served it--on a bed of massaged kale that I dressed lightly with balsamic and olive oil.
Mediterranean Lentil Salad
-from some random magazine of which I have no record of the title. Sorry, again!
- 12 oz jar (or 2 small jars) of marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 cup dry lentils, cooked according to package directions
- 1 cup fresh parsley finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups diced cucumber
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
Cook lentils according to package directions, cool. Drain the artichoke hearts, reserving the liquid. Stir in all remaining ingredients and mix well. Pour about half the artichoke marinade into the salad, season with salt and pepper and stir well. Add additional marinade if necessary.