This salad is awesome. Don't ask questions, just make it....unless you don't like smoked cheese. And in that case, I'd like to know what is wrong with you???
Spinach, Apple, and Smoked Gouda Salad with Honey Mustard Dressing
-slightly adapted from melskitchencafe.com
- 10 tablespoons honey
- 5 tablespoons Dijon mustard (If you want less mustardy bite, I'd cut this back to 4 T)
- 4 tablespoons rice vinegar
You will NOT use all of this dressing, so please don't go dumping it all on the salad at once. You'll have plenty leftover to make another salad another day.
- 6 ounces baby or regular spinach, chopped
- 1 sweet, crisp apple (like gala), diced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallot or red onion (I used shallot)
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup smoked Gouda cheese, cubed
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted