Thai Chicken Crunch Wraps
-adapted from melskitchencafe.com
These are so good you don't even need the chicken! I think adding avocado in place of the chicken would be a fantastic vegetarian substitution.
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 English cucumber, halved and cut into thin ribbons
- 2/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sweet Thai chili sauce
- 4 burrito-sized tortillas
- 4 leaves romaine or green lettuce (or a handful of lettuce you've already cleaned for a salad)
- 1-2 cups cooked, sliced chicken (Or slice an avocado or 2)
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced or julienned carrots (1-2 large carrots)
- 1/2 cup packed cilantro leaves
In a pie plate or other shallow dish, whisk together the vinegar, sugar and salt. Add the cucumbers, tossing to cover with the liquid. Let them stand for 10-15 minutes while you prepare the other ingredients (they can be made several days in advance and covered in the refrigerator). Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the mayo and chili sauce. Spread a couple tablespoons evenly on the tortillas. Top with lettuce, chicken, cucumbers, carrots and cilantro. Roll the tortilla up tightly like a burrito so the ends are enclosed. Cut in half and serve immediately.