I'm gonna let you in on a little secret, OK? But it's really complicated and fancy and you will have to listen up. My former neighbor and friend, Julianne, let me in on this little secret a few years ago. Now is the time to share, I think. Ready? If you want some killer gooey chocolate chip cookie bars that everyone will ask you the recipe for, do the following (shhh...but don't tell anybody):
1. Go to the store.
2. Locate the baking aisle.
3. Purchase a bag of Nestle Tollhouse Semisweet chocolate chips.
4. Turn the bag over.
5. Read the recipe for the Nestle Tollhouse chocolate chip cookies.
6. Make that recipe, and then place all the cookie dough in a well-sprayed 9x13 pan.
7. Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes (until your desired degree of gooey-ness).
8. Take all the credit, especially if you decide to throw a few dark chocolate M&Ms and/or toffee bits in there.
Got it? These are really good on a day when the Polar Vortex chills the air to -50 and freezes your washing machine pipes. They will rescue you from emotional doom, especially when you wash them down with a milk stout (slightly non-traditional, I know, but it was almost 5...). You're welcome. Carry on.