- -1 12-ounce package fresh cranberries
- -1 granny smith apple, peeled, cored and chopped (I only had braeburn and we survived)
- -1/4 medium red onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- -1/2 large red pepper, roughly chopped
- -3/4 cup granulated sugar
- -1/3 cup no-sugar added applesauce
- -1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- -1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- -1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- -1/2 teaspoon salt
- -1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Whirl all this together in the food processor, and throw in the fridge for a couple hours. Serve with tortilla chips. Mel says you can keep this in the fridge for a week. This will be your new favorite holiday appetizer...guaranteed.
I laid out these two apps and a nice colorful veggie tray for us to snack on pre-meal. On the top left of the pic you will see my husband's last minute contribution....lots of summer sausage and gobs of cheese. He called this the 'man tray'. I asked him to pick up a red onion for me on the way home, and he couldn't resist the ginormous log of sausage in the deli. Sorry about your nitrates, Matt.