The marriage of kale and apples is a happy one. I've got nothing else to say about this except that it was as delicious as you'd expect. I've made it three times this week already.
Kale-Apple Coleslaw with Poppy Seed Dressing
-adapted from chow.com
For the dressing:
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds (I didn't have them so didn't use them)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup small-dice red onion (about 1/4 medium onion)
*this makes enough for 2 salads
Shake all ingredients together in a jar until emulsified
For the coleslaw:
- 1 bunch of flat-leaf kale (aka lancinato or dino kale). If you use regular kale, just massage it for a few minutes with a bit of salt to break it down a bit.