-from Southern Living
These were easy and had a great flavor. Really enjoyed them.
- 4-5 medium-size sweet potatoes (about 4 lbs)
- 1/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 cup fresh orange juice (from several oranges)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Preheat oven to 325°. Peel potatoes, and cut into 1-inch-thick slices; arrange in a single layer in 2 lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dishes. Stir together brown sugar and next 5 ingredients; pour over potatoes. Cover with aluminum foil. Bake at 325° for 45 minutes or until fork-tender. Uncover and bake 5 more minutes or until glaze becomes syrupy. You can make this ahead! And I did...just cover and chill cooked potatoes up to 1 day. To reheat, let stand at room temperature 1 hour. Bake, covered with foil, at 350° for 20 minutes.