Roasted Eggplant and Chickpea Wraps
-adapted from everydayfood.com
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 t. dried thyme leaves
- 1 t. dried oregano leaves
- 1 large eggplant, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 small onion, peeled, cut in half and thickly sliced
- 1 cup drained canned chickpeas, rinsed (I just used the whole can. A few extra chickpeas never hurt anyone)
- 6 ounces cherry tomatoes (about 11 tomatoes), halved (quartered if large)--again, I just used the whole pint.
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 4 whole-wheat lavash pieces or whole-wheat wraps (I used large whole wheat tortillas)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Whisk vinegar, lemon juice, 1 tablespoon oil, and 1/4 t. each thyme and oregano in a small bowl; set vinaigrette aside. Lightly coat a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. Toss eggplant, zucchini, onion, and remaining thyme and oregano in a large bowl. Spread in a single layer on prepared baking sheet (I used two baking sheets so as not to overcrowd the pan and steam the veggies). Drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Roast, tossing occasionally, until golden, 30 to 35 minutes. Add chickpeas, tomatoes, and salt; season with pepper. Drizzle with vinaigrette; toss to coat. Step back and admire the beauty of this concoction.
Arrange a few slices mozzarella in center of each wrap. Top each with 1 1/4 cups vegetable mixture. Roll up, and cut in half. Yum, yum, yum.