This was a super simple, quick departure from your usual dinner salad. Instead of the typical chicken, this salad is topped with cooked shrimp and tossed in a tangy, Thai-type curry dressing. Big on flavor, low on effort. Score.
Curried Shrimp Salad
-adapted slightly from Food & Wine, April 2015
- 2 lbs shrimp, cooked as you like. I buy them raw/peeled/deveined/frozen, and then boil from frozen to cook them.
- 1 pkg spring greens or mixed lettuces of your choice
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onions
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 cup mint leaves
- Whisk the following together
- 3 T. green curry paste (this is in the Asian food section, it's not spicy)
- 6 T. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 6 T. canola oil (or any light vegetable oil)
Toss the greens with the mint and cilantro leaves; top salads with red onion, carrots, cooked shrimp, peanuts, and dressing to your liking. This will make 4 big dinner salads (feel free to use less shrimp, we just always end up eating a lot of it), and you may not need all the dressing so don't get excited and dump it all on there.