This salad is nothing short of fabulous. You can sign me up if a sauce/dressing has peanut butter or coconut milk, or curry in it--this baby has all 3! It's so exciting, I know. Feel free to customize the greens or add additional vegetables depending on what you have on hand. As you can see, we are overrun with 3 varieties of kale from our garden, so I had to use it here.
Thai Salad with Curry Coconut Dressing
-adapted from theroastedroot.net
Put the following into a blender or food processor and whirl it up until it's smooth:
- 1 cup full-fat canned coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon yellow curry powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
I'm not going to give you proportions here because it doesn't matter. Put your desired amount of each ingredient onto the plate.
- Spring green mix (I used half read leaf lettuce, half dino kale. Cabbage would be an awesome addition)
- fresh mango, peeled and chopped
- red pepper, sliced
- avocado, sliced
- green onions, chopped
- cashews (peanuts would be great here as well)
- Fresh cilantro
Build your salads, drizzle with dressing, and dig in. This is the stuff dreams are made of, people. For reals.